Welcome to our food blog! Today, we have an enticing recipe that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. We present to you the delicious and nutritious Pepper Steak with Roasted Vegetables.
This recipe is perfect for anyone looking to enjoy a satisfying and wholesome meal that is both easy to prepare and bursting with flavors.
Who is This Recipe For?
Pepper Steak with Roasted Vegetables is a versatile dish suitable for a wide range of individuals. Whether you’re a busy professional seeking a quick and healthy dinner option or a cooking enthusiast eager to experiment with bold flavors, this recipe has got you covered. It’s also an excellent choice for those following a low-carb or high-protein diet.
Why It’s Great
This recipe is great for several reasons. First and foremost, it’s incredibly delicious. The tender and juicy steak combined with the vibrant and caramelized roasted vegetables creates a harmonious blend of flavors and textures that will leave you wanting more. Additionally, this dish is packed with nutrients, offering a balanced combination of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Another reason this recipe stands out is its simplicity. With just a few basic ingredients and minimal preparation time, you can whip up a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own kitchen. It’s a fantastic way to impress your family and friends without spending hours in the kitchen.
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s quickly go over the kitchen equipment you’ll need:
- Large skillet or frying pan
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Tongs or spatula
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
Now that we have our equipment ready, let’s move on to the star of the show—the recipe itself!
For the Pepper Steak with Roasted Vegetables, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1.5 pounds (680g) flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow, or green), thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (300g) cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Step 1: Preparing the Steak
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced flank steak, minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Mix well, ensuring each piece of steak is coated with the marinade. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Step 2: Roasting the Vegetables
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- On a baking sheet, spread out the sliced bell peppers, red onion, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle them with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
Step 3: Cooking the Steak
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the marinated steak slices to the hot pan, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook the steak in batches if necessary.
- Sear the steak for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Remember, the thinner the steak slices, the quicker they will cook.
- Once the steak is cooked, remove it from the pan and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Step 4: Bringing it All Together
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a serving platter and arrange the cooked steak on top. Drizzle any remaining juices from the pan over the steak and vegetables for added flavor.
- Garnish with fresh herbs such as parsley or basil, if desired.
- Serve the Pepper Steak with Roasted Vegetables hot and enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- For an extra kick of heat, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the marinade.
- Feel free to experiment with different vegetables according to your preference. Zucchini, eggplant, or asparagus would work well in this recipe.
- If you prefer a different cut of meat, such as sirloin or ribeye, go ahead and substitute it for the flank steak. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly as different cuts have different thicknesses.
- To make this dish gluten-free, ensure that the ingredients you use, such as soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce, are certified gluten-free.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Can I marinate the steak overnight?
Yes, marinating the steak overnight will intensify the flavors and result in even more tender meat. Ensure to refrigerate the marinating steak properly in an airtight container.
2. How should I store the leftovers?
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The roasted vegetables and steak can be kept separately or together for up to 3 days. When reheating, it’s best to warm the steak and vegetables separately to maintain their texture and flavors.
Food and Drink Pairings
To complement the flavors of Pepper Steak with Roasted Vegetables, here are a few delightful food and drink pairings:
- Pair with a side of fluffy quinoa or wild rice for a wholesome meal.
- Serve alongside a refreshing green salad dressed with a tangy vinaigrette.
- For a complete dining experience, pair this dish with a glass of robust red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Malbec.
Pepper Steak with Roasted Vegetables is a delightful combination of succulent steak and vibrant vegetables that will satisfy your cravings and impress your guests. Its simplicity and versatility make it a go-to recipe for various occasions. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your loved ones and subscribe to our blog for more exciting culinary adventures. Happy cooking!