Our featured dish is none other than Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce. This classic Italian recipe combines tender chicken cutlets with a tangy lemon sauce, creating a harmonious symphony of flavors.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a cooking enthusiast, this recipe is sure to impress your family and friends. So, let’s dive in and create a culinary masterpiece together!
Who is this Recipe For?
This Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce recipe is perfect for those who appreciate the refreshing combination of citrus and savory flavors. It’s a versatile dish that can be enjoyed by both meat lovers and those looking for a lighter meal option.
With its vibrant presentation and invigorating taste, this recipe is ideal for special occasions, dinner parties, or simply when you want to treat yourself to a gourmet experience at home.
To make Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s dive into the step-by-step process of creating this mouthwatering Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce:
- Start by preparing the chicken breasts. Place them between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound them with a meat mallet until they are about ¼ inch thick.
- In a shallow dish, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted and the skillet is hot, add the chicken breasts. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers. Scrape the bottom of the skillet to loosen any browned bits. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for an additional 2 minutes, coating them with the lemon sauce. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter until melted and glossy.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the chicken piccata. Serve the dish hot and garnish with additional lemon slices and capers if desired.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
To prepare this delicious Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce, you will need the following kitchen equipment:
- Meat mallet
- Plastic wrap
- Shallow dish
- Large skillet
- Serving plate
If you find yourself with any leftovers, fear not! Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When reheating, it’s best to use a skillet on low heat to prevent the chicken from drying out.
The lemon sauce may thicken when refrigerated, so you can add a splash of chicken broth or water while reheating to maintain the desired consistency.
Congratulations! You have mastered the art of preparing Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce. The tender chicken, zesty lemon sauce, and delicate balance of flavors make this recipe a true standout.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply want to treat yourself to a gourmet meal, this dish is a surefire crowd-pleaser. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family, and be sure to subscribe to our blog for more culinary delights. Happy cooking!