Are you looking for a scrumptious breakfast option that will make your mornings brighter? Look no further than these delectable Blueberry Crumb Muffin. Bursting with juicy blueberries and topped with a sweet and crunchy crumb topping, these muffins are a perfect blend of flavors and textures.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress. Get ready to indulge in a delightful morning treat!
Who Will Love These Muffins?
These Blueberry Crumb Muffins are perfect for anyone who enjoys the delightful combination of tart blueberries and tender, moist muffins.
Whether you’re a blueberry aficionado or just someone who appreciates a good homemade baked good, these muffins will leave you craving for more.
They are also a fantastic option for breakfast on the go or as a special treat to share with friends and family.
Ingredients for Blueberry Crumb Muffins
To make a batch of these irresistible muffins, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Directions for Blueberry Crumb Muffins
Step 1: Prepare the Crumb Topping
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Mix the ingredients together until they form a crumbly texture. Set aside for later.
Step 2: Prepare the Muffin Batter
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries, being careful not to crush them.
Step 3: Assemble and Bake
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of the crumb topping over each muffin, gently pressing it into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
To make these delightful Blueberry Crumb Muffins, you’ll need the following kitchen equipment:
- Muffin tin
- Paper liners or cooking spray
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wire rack
If you happen to have any leftovers, store the Blueberry Crumb Muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. For longer storage, place them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To enjoy them warm, simply reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds or in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 5 minutes.
1. Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use frozen blueberries if fresh ones are not available. However, keep in mind that frozen blueberries may release more moisture during baking, which could affect the texture of the muffins slightly. Thaw the blueberries before using and gently fold them into the batter.
2. Can I use a different type of fruit?
Absolutely! While blueberries are the star of this recipe, you can experiment with other fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, or even diced apples. Adjust the quantity of the fruit based on your preference and enjoy a variety of flavors.
3. Can I freeze these muffins?
Yes, these muffins freeze well. Once cooled, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator or reheat them in the microwave or oven before serving.
Pairings and Variations
For a delightful breakfast experience, pair these Blueberry Crumb Muffins with a steaming cup of freshly brewed coffee or a refreshing glass of orange juice. The muffins also make a lovely addition to brunch spreads or afternoon tea.
If you’re looking to switch things up, consider these recipe variations:
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins: Add the zest of one lemon to the batter and substitute half of the milk with freshly squeezed lemon juice for a zesty twist.
- Streusel Topping: Replace the crumb topping with a sweet and buttery streusel made with brown sugar, flour, and melted butter.
Start your day on a delightful note with these Blueberry Crumb Muffins. With their burst of blueberries, tender texture, and irresistible crumb topping, they are a treat for the senses.
Whether you enjoy them fresh out of the oven or save them for later, these muffins are bound to become a breakfast favorite.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family, and subscribe to our blog for more mouthwatering recipes.