Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta is a delightful dish that is sure to please your taste buds and impress your family and friends.
Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is for you. Let’s dive in and create this delectable dish together!
Ingredients for Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta
To make this heavenly Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 8 ounces of pasta (your choice of shape)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Directions for Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta
Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s get cooking!
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions. Once cooked al dente, drain the pasta and set it aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 6-7 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the minced garlic and dried Italian seasoning, and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring it to a simmer. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream to the skillet. Stir well to combine the flavors.
- Gradually sprinkle in the grated Parmesan cheese while stirring constantly. Continue to cook the sauce until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Slice the cooked chicken breasts into thin strips and add them back to the skillet. Toss them in the creamy garlic butter sauce.
- Finally, add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss everything together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve the Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta hot, garnished with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Kitchen Equipment Needed
To make this Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta recipe, you’ll need the following kitchen equipment:
- Large skillet
- Pasta pot
- Tongs or a spatula for flipping the chicken
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
1. Can I use a different type of pasta for this recipe?
Absolutely! While this recipe calls for 8 ounces of pasta, you can use any type or shape of pasta you prefer. Penne, fettuccine, or rotini would work wonderfully with the garlic butter sauce.
2. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter alternative?
Yes, if you’re looking for a lighter version, you can substitute the heavy cream with half-and-half or whole milk. Keep in mind that the sauce may not be as rich and creamy, but it will still be delicious.
3. How can I store the leftovers?
If you happen to have any leftovers (which is rare because this dish is so good!), you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply warm it in a skillet over low heat, adding a splash of chicken broth or cream to revive the creaminess.
Food and Drink Pairings
To complement the flavors of this Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta, I recommend serving it with a fresh green salad and some crusty bread on the side. For a refreshing drink pairing, a crisp white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or a sparkling water infused with lemon would be perfect.
Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta is an absolute winner when it comes to flavor and simplicity. This recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to whip up something satisfying in no time. The combination of tender chicken, creamy garlic butter sauce, and al dente pasta is simply irresistible.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try! I guarantee it will become a family favorite. Don’t forget to share it with your loved ones and subscribe to my blog for more delicious recipes like this. Until next time, happy cooking!