Start your day with a delightful and easy-to-make breakfast treat – English French Toast Sticks! These crispy, golden sticks are perfect for dipping in maple syrup or enjoying on their own.
Whether you’re preparing breakfast for your family or hosting brunch with friends, these tasty sticks are sure to impress and satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
To make these scrumptious French Toast Sticks, you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 slices of thick-cut bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (for cooking)
- Cooking spray (for greasing)
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Cut each slice of bread into three equal strips, creating the sticks.
- Dip each bread stick into the egg mixture, ensuring both sides are coated well. Allow any excess to drip off.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add one tablespoon of butter.
- Place the coated bread sticks in the skillet, cooking in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and crispy on all sides.
- Add more butter to the skillet as needed for each batch.
- Once cooked, transfer the French Toast Sticks to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
How to Prepare
Prepare these French Toast Sticks the night before by following steps 1 to 3. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and in the morning, simply cook them in the skillet as directed in steps 4 to 7.
The preparation time for English French Toast Sticks is approximately 15 minutes, and the cooking time is around 10 minutes per batch.
This recipe yields about 24 French Toast Sticks, serving approximately 4 people.
- Can I use a different type of bread? Yes, you can use any bread you prefer, but thick-cut bread works best for a crispy texture.
- Can I substitute the whole milk with a non-dairy alternative? Absolutely! Almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk can be great alternatives.
- Can I freeze the leftovers? Yes, you can freeze the cooked sticks. Reheat them in the toaster or oven for a quick breakfast.
- Can I add toppings to the French Toast Sticks? Of course! Try powdered sugar, fresh berries, or a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Is this recipe kid-friendly? Absolutely! Kids will love these finger-friendly French Toast Sticks.
English French Toast Sticks are a delightful and easy breakfast option that will become a family favorite in no time. With their crispy exterior and soft interior, they are the perfect treat to brighten up your morning.
Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, these French Toast Sticks are simple to make and will impress all who taste them. So, start your day with a smile and a plate full of these delectable sticks!